- Academic IP Management Training at CEIPI
- Graduate School
- Lecturers | Experts | Content Creators
- This event has passed.
Live Talk with Mr. Pohlmann, IPlytics
9. June 2021 @ 17:00 - 17:45
Tim Pohlmann is the CEO and founder of IPlytics. He founded IPlytics with the vision to create the first solution on the market to bring together comprehensive, highly indexed technical standard information, global patents, declared standard essential patents (SEPs) as well as patent pool and technical standard contribution data to provide industry leading analysis on the past, present and future of standard essential technology.
The topic of the talk will be as below:
1. Technologies such as 5G or Wi-Fi 6 are becoming relevant also outside of the smartphone world. What are the applications and which industry vertical will likely soon integrate these standards?
2. Technology standards such as 5G or WiFi6 are becoming more and more complex to previous generations. Why is this so and what are the motives to standardize?
3. What are the new challenges in SEP licensing especially outside the smartphone industry, in business eco-systems such as smart manufacturing, smart home or smart cars?
4. What can be the role of patent pools in the licensing of SEPs in those fields?
Link to the past talk: https://www.linkedin.com/video/live/urn:li:ugcPost:6807960924805304320/