- Academic IP Management Training at CEIPI
- Graduate School
- Lecturers | Experts | Content Creators
- This event has passed.
Live Talk with Ms. Boicova-Wynants, European Trademark and Design Attorney
16. February 2022 @ 17:00 - 17:45
IP protection for mobile apps | IP Business Talk with Ms. Boicova-Wynants.
Maria B. is Partner at STARKS, a Belgian IP and international trade boutique law firm. She is an European Trademark and Design Attorney and Mediator, who deals with the filing of applications, conflict resolution, IP due diligence, auditing, landscaping, IP strategy and IP portfolio management. She is a student of the current MIPLM class at CEIPI. Here are the questions that will be discussed in the talk:
- The use of apps on mobile devices, but also app based web applications, surged rapidly in the last years and even companies in traditionally non-digital business branches launch apps in the relevant app stores. What are the opportunities for those companies in bringing their business to the app store and how do they need to adapt their IP strategy to it?
- From the customer perspective an app is just a small piece of software, that provides you with a service like listening to music, a payment service or a route planner. However, to remain competitive the app provider needs to protect the customer relevant features. How can that be done with IP?
- Additionally, protection must be sought from the app development process and the team involved. What is there the role of NDAs, trade secrets, copyright etc.?
Please follow through the link below to watch the live talk: