- Academic IP Management Training at CEIPI
- Graduate School
- Lecturers | Experts | Content Creators
- This event has passed.
Live Talk with Mr. Ivan Gauci | SNE at EUIPO, IP Management advocate
18. May 2022 @ 17:00 - 17:45
How to improve SMEs IP capabilities with prediagnosis | IP business live talk with Mr. Ivan Gauci
His expertise in marketing communications and strategy, project management and financial management provided a solid grounding to move ahead in his career as an Assistant Director within the Government of Malta specialising in the Intellectual Property (IP) sector.
He has recently taken the position as a Seconded National Expert (SNE) with the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) in Spain.
The following questions will be answered by Mr. Gauci in the Live Talk:
1. You graduated in 2021 at the MIPLM with a masters thesis about “IP prediagnostic service as an IP management tool by EU national IP offices for European Small-Medium Enterprises”. Can you first explain the background of your thesis. Why is IP so important for SMEs and why are they not using it as much as bigger corporates?
2. IP offices everywhere in Europe have a vital interest to improve the IP knowledge in their SMEs and help them with IP prediogrostics services. How can these tools be described and what do they offer?
3. What could be next steps to further improve such services regarding e.g. quality management?
4. What is the EUIPO offering for European SMEs in the area of IP Prediagnostic services via the SME Fund together with other national IP offices?
Here you can get more information about his research project: https://ipbusinessacademy.org/how-to-improve-smes-ip-capabilities-with-prediagnosis-new-research-project-at-miplm
This Event is organized with IP Business Academy and Center for International Intellectual Property Studies – CEIPI CEIPIBusinessTalks
Please follow this link to the event: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6930513992868081665