- Academic IP Management Training at CEIPI
- Graduate School
- Lecturers | Experts | Content Creators
- This event has passed.
Live Talk with Ms. Pescante, IP Lawyer
8. December 2021 @ 17:00 - 17:45
Rudina Ann Dulaca Pescante is a graduate of Centre d’Etudes Internationales de la Propriété Intellectuelle – CEIPI MIPLM and now works as a Patent Executive at the Mirandah Asia Singapore.
Here are the questions that will be discussed in the talk:
1. Rudina Ann Dulaca Pescante graduated in the MIPLM in 2020/2021 and wrote her master’s thesis about “Exploring the Business Models of Netflix and Disney+, their Customer-Drawing Businesses, Patent Strategies and Platforms, and the Business
Growth Challenges They Face Over the Years”. What are the main findings in the research?
2. How can patents in digital platforms be categorised? Is there a common structure of digital patents in digital platforms, which protect relevant business elements such as the recommendation algorithm of the platform?
3. What is the role of patents in protecting digital business models? What is the role for example for subscription-based business models typical for digital platform services.
Link to past live talk: https://www.linkedin.com/video/event/urn:li:ugcPost:6872472284788068352/