IP based value creation
Welcome to the I3PM Fellowship Program. As part of our educational and research initiatives I3PM is pleased and excited to partner with Prof. Wurzer and the Dieselkuratorium in this Fellowship Program.
Mr. Gordan Hyland, President I3PM
Objective and Background
The International Institute for IP Management is an association of IP Managers dedicated to promoting the field of IP Management, and thereby to enhance the emergence of a dynamic IP-driven economy. I3PM gathers managers from diverse international corporations and organisations, forming a unique experience pool in the management and realisation of value from immaterial assets. The general object of the Institute is to study problems relating to the management of intellectual property (IP) and to the profession of the members of the Institute, to come to conclusions on these problems and to convey these conclusions to the authorities and other interested parties as recommendations or opinions or as drafts.
The goal of the Fellowship Program is to generate deeper insights into IP management best practices and exceptional leadership outcomes across industries and regions. Under the heading of “IP-based value creation”, we are looking for distinguished, committed, and ambitious Fellows who wish to make their mark on challenging industry trends such as Industry 4.0, digitization, software-induced innovation, and digital patents.
Fellows will be given the opportunity to join “excellence groups” within the Graduate School of the Diesel Board of Trustees (Dieselkuratorium) in Germany, and will be supported by I3PM through their network and technical knowledge for the duration of their doctorate. They will regularly organize conferences and publications in IP management research and the digital transformation of the industrial sector. Cooperation and interaction with different industry partners and PhD candidates on the program will provide them with opportunities to work on more complex topics and generate deeper insights into the target domains.
- Significantly above average university degree
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of IP
- Letter of recommendation
Within the scope of a research doctorate in IP Management on the Diesel Medal Postgraduate Program, you will initially complete the MIPLM Master’s program. This Master’s program begins in January and ends in June. You must choose the option with a Master’s thesis. This Master’s thesis will serve as scientific preparation for your dissertation project. At the end of the academic year, you will submit your Master’s thesis and enroll for a doctorate in English at the University of Strasbourg.
- Networking with other doctoral candidates on certain subjects within the excellence group
- Attendance of IP management conferences
- Fellow meetings to exchange best practices
- Opportunities for publications
- Cooperation and exchange with various industrial partners
- Access to the industrial network of the Board of Trustees awarding the Diesel Medal
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to lectures and presentations
Your application should consist of the following documents
- Completed application form (download from the website)
- Letter of motivation explaining your interest in participating in the program (1 page)
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of your photo ID
- University degree certificate (certified copies)
- Evidence of the necessary professional experience (certified copies)
- Concept of your research project
- Letter of recommendation
Sekretariat des Dieselkuratoriums
Deutsches Institut für Erfindungswesen e.V.
Thalkirchner Str. 2