Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH was founded in 1851 in Tuebingen, Germany, and has today more than 1.700 employees and 21 subsidiaries, which supply over 110 countries with their products. In the 5th generation, the family-owned company develops, produces and sells systems for electrosurgery, vessel sealing, argon plasma coagulation, cryosurgery and hydrosurgery. Erbe is considered a pioneer in electrosurgery, a technology that utilizes high-frequency currents in order to cut through, coagulate or devitalize tissue, or to seal blood vessels.
Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH is valued throughout the world as an integral and reliable partner to physicians and specialty medical personnel, and are distinguished by their expert advice as well as their progressive approach in the market. The driving force in everything Erbe does is the continuous development of medical instruments and equipment that form an integral part of medical procedures in many countries. Erbe continues to play a part in the years ahead in ensuring that patients receive the best possible technological solutions for medical treatment. As a leading manufacturer, Erbe considers it their duty to maintain ongoing improvements to medical procedures through product innovations, comprehensive services and training programs.
Technology and patents
Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH is a provider of medical devices for the areas of pulmonology, gastroenterology, general/visceral surgery, gynaecology and urology. They are used in:
- Electrosurgery by using high-frequency electrical currents for cutting and coagulation of biological tissue.
- Plasmasurgery, where Argon plasma coagulation (APC) allows non-contact haemostasis and tissue devitalization.
- Thermofusion to seal blood vessels and larger tissue bundles with electric current.
- Hydrosurgery to selectively dissects very fine tissue structures and expose vessels with an ultra-thin waterjet.
- Cryosurgery to remove or devitalize tissue with extreme cold.
Hybrid technologies combine the specified surgical procedures to create multi-modal application synergies.
The IP experts at Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH make sure that innovations in all technological areas presented above are protected with patents and other protective rights. This can be seen in the broad patent portfolio of Erbe with:
- A total of 1301 active patent applications and patents worldwide.
- A total of 634 granted patents in all technology areas.
- 613 filed patent applications and 70 granted patents in the last 5 years (since August 2018).
- patents filed or granted in 12 countries worldwide.
Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH does everything in its power to support hospital teams in their responsible tasks. This requires more than cutting-edge technology. The focus is on a lasting and trusting partnership based on openness, progressiveness and reliability. Erbe tailors its products and services precisely to these values – always with customers and patients in the mind.
Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH is looking for employees who share this passion and live the same values of trust, collaboration and respect. With combined strength, you can master the challenges of tomorrow and improve patients’ quality of life. Become a part of one of the leading companies in the field of medical technology and enjoy an environment of security and innovation.
For the Intellectual Property Department in Tübingen, Germany, Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH is looking for a Patent Engineer.
- Identifying, monitoring and evaluating internal and external technical developments (patents, trademarks)
- Conducting and protocolling patent discussions
- Guiding development projects with the aim of recognising potentially protectable items and processes
- Responding to official notices and handling correspondence with lawyers, appeals and complaints
- Processing invention disclosures while taking into account the rights and obligations of the German Employee Inventions Act (ArbEG)
- Analysing and evaluating self-developed and third-party products for potential patent infringement
- Degree in patent engineering, natural sciences or engineering, ideally with a focus on electrical engineering or medical engineering
- Several years of professional experience in protecting property rights
- Prudent, structured and thorough approach
- Good command of spoken and written English and German
- Persistence and assertiveness
- Very good communication skills
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work
- Attractive remuneration with collectively agreed and non-tariff special payments
- Induction program and on-demand training
- Friendly work environment
- Occupational health and safety management
- Occupational pension plan
- A secure workplace in a modern company
You will find more benefits here.
Please apply via the Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH career portal.