Job offer Essilor: R&D Protection Innovation Manager (Physics or Optics or Embedded Systems)
EssilorLuxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. Formed in 2018 by the combination of Essilor and Luxottica, the company combines two centuries of innovation and human endeavor to elevate vision care and the consumer experience around it. It is home to the most loved and widely-recognized vision care and eyewear brands in the world. The proprietary eyewear brands include Ray-Ban, Oakley, Costa, Vogue Eyewear, Persol and Oliver Peoples, complemented by over 20 prestigious licensed brands. The advanced lens technologies include Varilux, Crizal, Eyezen, Stellest and Transitions. They offer superior shopping and patient experiences with a network of 18,000 stores including world-class retail brands like Sunglass Hut, LensCrafters, Salmoiraghi & Viganò and GrandVision. Every day, EssilorLuxottica’s 180,000 employees in 150 countries work towards a common mission to help people see more and be more. In 2021, the Company’s milestones included a collaboration with Meta to launch Ray-Ban Stories smart glasses; the acquisition of GrandVision bringing 39,000 new employees into the family; expansion of the International Employee Shareholding community, and the launch of Eyes on the Planet, EssilorLuxottica’s strategic approach to sustainability.
Position description :
In this position, you will be reporting to the Head of Protection and Valorisation of R&D Innovation, within the department of Foresight and Research. You will work closely with the IP Department and R&D experts, to support the innovation process within our R&D departments worldwide. We are looking for creative minds who can understand innovation, technology, IP landscape as well as the strategic thinking and apply it in a meaningful way to leverage its potential for EssilorLuxottica.
The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of experience working in a technical role within an R&D department, has a strong and broad-based technical background, have some experience in dealing with intellectual property, in particular patents, and enjoy building/ managing innovation processes. He/she should also enjoy working as a team, show leadership abilities and be an influencer within the role in his/her technical domain.
- Plan, prepare and moderate the process of protection of innovation in order to facilitate decisions on innovation ideas from R&D
- Help to define/express new fields relevant for protection, and be in-charge of leading technical brainstorming with expert teams for identified topics
- Contribute to the building/update of competitors’ patent landscape and the detection of opportunities/threats within the eye and eyewear ecosystem
- Participate in the building of the innovation protection strategy and steer specific initiatives together with colleagues from the IP department and your homologue within the company
- Support the IP department for the promotion/defence of our IP rights
- Contribute, with the Legal and IP department, to the building of external collaboration (JDA/Consortium, joint lab…)
Job skills :
- You’re a graduate from an engineering School or Ph.D degree in Physics or Optics or Embedded Systems.
- You know how to build an effective working relationship, have a sense of business, and show leadership.
- Autonomy, self-initiative spirit, analytic, ability to garner a high level view and zoom into technical details as needed by the situation and listening skills are also needed for this position.
- You are willing to challenge ideas and be challenged in order to arrive at the best solution.
- You have some experience of the patent legal process (prior art search, claims, patent filing are must-haves and patent office letters, opposition, litigation etc. are nice-to-have).
- Innovation and creativity are part of your DNA.
- Bilingual French / English is a must-have.
Please apply here
About EssilorLuxottica: https://www.essilorluxottica.com