Dentsply Sirona is the world’s largest manufacturer of professional dental products and technologies, with approximately 16,000 employees, operations in more than 40 countries worldwide and a sales presence in more than 120 countries. With more than a century of successful history and innovation leadership and service to the dental industry and patients, Dentsply Sirona have set global standards in dental manufacturing, technology development, digital treatment and clinical education. Dentsply Sirona’s global headquarters is located in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA.
Over the past century, DENTSPLY and Sirona, as separate companies, have invested significantly in innovation, new product development – from the first dental drill to the first root canal file to the first chairside CAD/CAM system – and the industry’s largest clinical education platform. Both companies recognized early on that the benefits of digitization do not lie in the individual device, but in the seamless interaction of hardware, software and equipment, creating an innovative solution for dental practices and dental patients.
Become part of Dentsply Sirona and support the IP department in Bensheim (Germany) as: European Patent Counsel (m/f/d).
Your key responsibilities:
- Works actively with product development personnel regarding the intellectual property rights associated with new product development activities.
- Communicates and interacts with the in-house and outside lawyers, support, and administrative staff to maintain, monitor, manage and prepare the Company’s patent and trademark portfolio and freedom-to-operate opinions.
- Advises business management in IP legal matters as required.
- Provides infringement clearance opinions for new products to assure that the company can freely manufacture and market new products throughout the world, in accordance with the Company’s Corporate Product Development Protocol.
- Protects the Company’s present and future IP endeavors by obtaining appropriate worldwide patent coverage.
- Procures and maintains patent rights for DENTSPLY SIRONA in those countries of the world designated by management.
- Reviews and advises on licenses and other agreements involving the Company’s IP throughout the world.
- Defends the Company from the assertion by others of their IP rights throughout the world.
- Manages IP costs by reviewing the company’s patent portfolio and making timely maintenance and filing recommendations.
- Participates in due diligence related to acquisitions of IP for new businesses or products, providing timely opinions to management.
- Participates in IP litigation and opposition proceedings as appropriate including managing outside counsel, review of all legal documents, complaints, briefs, motions, interrogatories, and the like. Advises and assists management in connection with IP litigation and oppositions.
Your requirements and qualifications:
- Admitted to practice before the European Patent Office with extensive hands-on experience and knowledge of European patent practices.
- 3-7 years’ relevant experience in a major law firm or legal department of a multinational corporation, ideally prior in house and managerial experience.
- Experience with computer process/devices and software related patents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in German and English.
- A professional with a high sense of ethics and integrity, who develops a relationship of trust with his/her colleagues in the organization.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to provide prompt, proactive and practical business and legal recommendations and decisions.
- Reasoning ability including the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to interact with technical and business people at all levels.
- A working knowledge of the Unified European Patent System and European Trademark Law is desirable.
Dentsply Sirona – The Dental Solutions Company
Dentsply Sirona empowers dentists around the world to deliver world-class dental care to millions of patients. Its mission is to transform dentistry to improve oral health with the commitment to educate and innovate, with proven solutions for efficiency in the patient care.
The Dentsply Sirona Academy trains over 400,000 professionals annually in nearly 15,000 courses in over 90 countries.
As a global leader in innovative technological developments, the company invest over $125 million annually to advance dentistry with more than 600 scientists and engineers and the largest research and development platform in the industry. Research at Dentsply Sirona creates the insights and knowledge needed to develop next-generation solutions. These research efforts enable the company to bring more than 30 innovative solutions to market each year to improve dentistry.
Cannot open the video? Please click: https://youtu.be/cOy5q-DImgI